IN CASE YOU missed it, a very funny finale on 22 Minutes last night, culminating in a bit on the latest FAUX News fracas.
So how do I know I'm still, in spite of it all the seeming vitriol, (oh Lordy did I hear an earful from my awesome cousin!) a good little American boy?
Critch's button on this desk joke.....hurts, man. It hurts.
3 comments:
It's okay McG. Because Oliver Hazard Perry took the Great Lakes with no navy and no ships and defeated the greatest navy in the world. And, Zeb Pike burned York to the ground (although he got himself blown up) and Dolley Madison and the head of the Patents Office refused to leave. Dolley laid out dinner for 40 in the White House dining room of which the Brits gladly sat down and partook. and Andrew Jackson whupped their asses in New Orleans when they thought they'd cut off the US below the Mason-Dixon and at the Mississippi. so there.
1812?
Is that the best we got?
As I watched that little serving of typically Canadian Anti-Americanism last night, I wondered how Americans in general had suddenly replaced a few "Red Eye" comedians.
Fox serves up that kind of crap at 3:00 a.m. -- in Canada, it's apparently good enough for prime time.
Nah, c'mon, that's a gentle one.
Object to that and you're getting into the "can't restage the battle of the Plains of Abraham" territory or the Balkan, "your people did this 1000 years ago so we rape you now though we've interbred and lived in peace for generations thing."
At a certain point, things become fair game. I think where that line is is debatable but surely it's somewhere south of "when everyone who was involved directly is dead."
Otherwise, how are the UK and America allies? Why do Canada and the U.S. trade? Do we really still have to be nice to Ed Wood?
The Brits always have a flair for these things. I remember hearing about a lede in the papers when England Challenged Germany in the World Cup..."let's beat them at our national game, having twice this century beat them at theirs."
Post a Comment