Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nixon on the Rideau

I THINK THE litmus test of any action, the only way to sift out the history from the politics, is to ask yourself, "how would you feel if the guys you agreed with pulled the same thing?"

In my heart of hearts, even if it were a so called progressive who marched into Rideau Hall today, I wouldn't feel good about six more weeks of uncertainty, attack, rancour and politics as screaming in place of governing.

But Macleans' Anton Wherry says it better than I ever could.

What a strange sensation it is, just as the weary feeling of hopelessness about one of the countries you call home dissipates, to have it return, lodged squarely in the other. It's like despair, metastasized.

Government by white male rage. It's going to be a cold December.

1 comment:

Hawise Gadarn said...

Winter is political silliy season this year. They usually use the humidity of August as an excuse.