While I toil trying to pump out that elusive first draft of the next-to-last episode in Blood Ties' first season, showrunner and show creator Peter Mohan talks about discovering the Tanya Huff novels, and the core of what makes Blood Ties so special.
This is the first part of a two part Geek Love interview from GeekMonthly.com!
An excerpt:
GEEKMONTHLY.COM: How did you get involved with the project in the first place?
PETER MOHAN: I’ve got kind of a long history with it, because I’d read the novels years ago. I saw them prominently displayed at a bookstore because they’d just been published. They talked about this female P.I. working the streets of Toronto with her partner who’s a vampire. I thought, “Okay, I’m in.” I read them, liked them and thought it would be a great thing to turn into a show, but didn’t have the time or the wherewithal to do it. Suddenly these guys called me about three years ago and said, “We’ve got a show about a female P.I. who works with a vampire,” and I said, “Oh my God, you’ve got the Vicki Nelson novels. I’ve got to be involved.” We went on from there.
Read the rest here.
Also, apparently there's a couple of blurbs in the next issue of the U.S. TVGuide, including a nice mention in the magazine's HOT LIST: 21 shows you've gotta see.
Blood Ties 2 hour premiere airs on Lifetime in the USA on Sunday, March 11, 9PM ET.

5 comments:
Good buzz - exciting. I've already got my fingers crossed for a second season.
.... oooooh, the dick's partner is a vampire. The twist. I had a producer once who was a vampire, psychic variety. Not police procedural enough for a show though I guess.
Say, did you ever catch a 90's British series called Ultraviolet? Excellent take on the vampires-among-us genre, and in no way affiliated with the abomination of a film which unfortunately shares its name.
Well worth checking out (the miniseries re-edit, for the US market, is to be avoided).
TiVo programmed.
Also, have been hearing plenty of buzz in the US market for the show.
Wilko,
I've seen two eps of Ultraviolet and quite enjoyed it. My favorite part was how they never used the word "vampire" -- that's how you know that vampires are really integrated fully into our consciousness...you don't even need to spell it out. It was also odd to see Jack Davenport, since at the time I saw the show I only knew him from "Coupling."
I enjoyed it and I'd love to be able to see the rest. Sometime. When I've got time.
Lex that's good to hear about BT. I want the big boffo numbers and the great word of mouth, since my episodes don't come til the last few. (I only joined the show when they were shooting episode 13)
Post a Comment