Friday, September 12, 2008

Can You Spot the Difference?

NAME THAT SPEAKER:

Why can't most Americans find the USA on a map?

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps. And I believe that our education, like, such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children."


Oh-kayyy. What about Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

"I believe that under the leadership of Ahmadinejad, nucular weapons in the hands of his government are extremely dangerous to everyone on this globe, yes. We have got to make sure these weapons of mass destruction, that nucular weapons are not given to those hands of Ahmadinejad, not that he would use them, but that he would allow terrorists to be able to use them. So we have got to put the pressure on Iran."

Wow. Thanks. Fantastic.

Could not. Write. This. Shit.

H/T to Joan Walsh

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss South Carolina, Sarah Palin. America is scary.

Scott said...

Thanks for passing these along, Denis -- makes me want to vote for a Walsh/Ferguson ticket in '12!

Elize Morgan said...

... I keep thinking that they can't possibly becoming any bleeding more ridiculous.

And they do. They consistently do.