VOTING FOR THE WGC 1 year extension to the IPA is now closed. I'm sure we'll hear results soon enough. I'd like to hope that we'll hear about it being approved by a huge margin, with a lot of the membership voting. But I'm starting to think that maybe that's not the way things go here.
Which is interesting. I want to call attention to 2 videos for you. They're support videos from Germany, to WGA and now to SAG, which currently still does not have a settled deal in the USA, while the "broken model" of Big Hollywood marches along quite swimmingly.
What's interesting about this is that we in Canada here have a contract that's actually halfway. Yes, we don't make lots of residuals like in the USA, but we do have some residual protection, after recoupment. I know, I know, monitoring the payments is a problem, and producers aren't always upfront about their gross -- but the fact remains that some people, right now, are receiving residuals for Canadian work they did years ago.
If you didn't vote, if you don't pay attention, if you "don't want to get involved in the politics" well, then you're helping to bring about a "European System" here. Pure and simple. Believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment