Tuesday, February 5, 2008

See What Happens When There's No TV?

THIS STUFF always makes me smile. Sadly, I don't think since the day I was born that I've been able to be still for five minutes. Might be something to work towards.

7 comments:

Tamaryn Tobian said...

Thanks for Sharing Denis! I love their work! What a great idea. I used to act back in high school and college and that freezing takes serious, serious concentration. A director I worked with does all his curtain calls frozen. Pretty Neat.

Jennica said...

Hmm, removed from YouTube within hours... must've been good!

Jennica said...

Never mind, it's there. Very fun! I love how, despite people's confusion, they're appreciative enough to applaud in the end. Deep down, people know art when they see it, I guess.

Allen said...

they have a funny where they go into abercrombie and fitch and take off their shirts.

Kelly J. Crawford said...

That was awesome! I'd love to try that sometime...but I don't think my ADHD affected brain would allow it.

Lee said...

That would have been fun to watch and a blast to do!

From BoingBoing.net:

We got great reactions from the folks who encountered us. Strangers started talking to each other, trying to figure out what was going on. With wireless microphones hidden in our shirts, a few agents and I struck up conversations with folks. I convinced one guy to grab a cell phone from a frozen woman's hand. He did it, laughing uncontrollably as he gently put it back in her hand. My favorite reaction was from a female cop who witnessed the whole thing from behind her NYPD recruitment booth:

Me: Do you know what that was?
Cop: I have no idea! That is the craziest shit I've ever seen in my life, AND I'M A COP!
Me: Ha. Yeah, it was weird.
Cop: You wanna sign up to be in the NYPD?
Me: No thanks.

Unknown said...

That is made entirely of win.

And smart you -- five minutes is a much longer time than people think it is. I did a few live-mannequin gigs at the mall as a teenager, and now have no earthly idea how. Young and stupid have their benefits...