TO INTREPID WRITERS David Barlow, Karen McClellan, Aaron Martin and Karen Walton who all testified before the CRTC today, against the ridiculous proposal to cut the baby in two in the name of "culture" and "commercial." Unfortunately, my wifi mojo proved ill suited to the task of listening in from New York City, but I've gotten several emails from people saying that each person was strong, calm, and incredibly convincing. And the commission asked its same stacked questions over, and over.
Believe me, I have plenty more to say on the subject of words and culture. Especially fired up by what I saw on stage last night. But that will take a while to percolate.
Just for fun, be eagle eyed, and see how many articles cover the writers presentation, as opposed to the many articles laying out the positions of Jim Shaw (who didn't show. Fucktard.) and the various other corporate players.
It's only the fate of writers we're talking about. Why listen to the wordsmiths?
No comments:
Post a Comment