Most of my "Beastmaster" crew worked with Heath on "Roar" and had endless stories. They just adored him and were incredibly proud of his success, feeling he was one of those people who truly deserved it.
In 1999, he made an obscure but terrific film called "Two Hands" that's well worth taking the time to find.
It's a shocking waste. It seems there's one every generation though - he's our River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, Brandon Less, John Belushi, Marc Bolan, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix... At least they don't seem to go as frequently nowadays.
A decade ago I was watching Roar and thinking "This kid is gonna go places in a hurry." And then he did, and now he's gone. "Whoa" is pretty much all I got too.
Usually it's someone I've never seen except on the other side of the screen. This time it's someone I just saw on set a few months ago, with green hair, joking around with nearby extras. It doesn't qualify as knowing him by any means, but it certainly makes it that much wiggier.
4 comments:
Obviously I don't know him personally, but it's always tragic when someone dies too young and with so much talent.
Most of my "Beastmaster" crew worked with Heath on "Roar" and had endless stories. They just adored him and were incredibly proud of his success, feeling he was one of those people who truly deserved it.
In 1999, he made an obscure but terrific film called "Two Hands" that's well worth taking the time to find.
It's a shocking waste. It seems there's one every generation though - he's our River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, Brandon Less, John Belushi, Marc Bolan, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix... At least they don't seem to go as frequently nowadays.
A decade ago I was watching Roar and thinking "This kid is gonna go places in a hurry." And then he did, and now he's gone. "Whoa" is pretty much all I got too.
Usually it's someone I've never seen except on the other side of the screen. This time it's someone I just saw on set a few months ago, with green hair, joking around with nearby extras. It doesn't qualify as knowing him by any means, but it certainly makes it that much wiggier.
Post a Comment