I'm still waiting for it to end here on the left coast, not having the advantage of alternate feeds with our primitive limited cable package... but I'll say the same thing to you Denis, as I did to Diane, seeing as you've both got the same thought on Spader's win:
Posted at Unified Theory:
I'm sorry Hugh didn't win, Diane; I know you are very keen on his performances and honestly so am I. I'm a devoted fan of House, and I've watched enough Sopranos to know I want to sit down and watch all of it poperly, (logistics have just never allowed for it) but I can't be unhappy that Spader won. I find the chemistry between Spader and Shatner absolutely perfect and Spader's interactions with the rest of the cast are likewise subtle or sharp or ironic or vulnerable as the scripts demand. I think he's a super actor in his role as Alan Shore and I'm glad his talent was recognised. I'd have been equally pleased had it been Hugh.
And I'll say what I said to Teresa there - three wins for that role to Laurie's none? No dice. And even I thought it was Gandolfini's year again (as did Spader).
6 comments:
Heeeyyyy ...
Hee!
Two D's in a pod
It was a pretty lack-lustre show. The Roots thing was good. And Katherine Heigl, very funny. But otherwise, meh. And I hated the staging.
I'm still waiting for it to end here on the left coast, not having the advantage of alternate feeds with our primitive limited cable package... but I'll say the same thing to you Denis, as I did to Diane, seeing as you've both got the same thought on Spader's win:
Posted at Unified Theory:
I'm sorry Hugh didn't win, Diane; I know you are very keen on his performances and honestly so am I. I'm a devoted fan of House, and I've watched enough Sopranos to know I want to sit down and watch all of it poperly, (logistics have just never allowed for it) but I can't be unhappy that Spader won. I find the chemistry between Spader and Shatner absolutely perfect and Spader's interactions with the rest of the cast are likewise subtle or sharp or ironic or vulnerable as the scripts demand. I think he's a super actor in his role as Alan Shore and I'm glad his talent was recognised. I'd have been equally pleased had it been Hugh.
But that's just me...and I seem to be a minority.
And I'll say what I said to Teresa there - three wins for that role to Laurie's none? No dice. And even I thought it was Gandolfini's year again (as did Spader).
Post a Comment