And speaking of punditry, just a reminder I'll be on CBC Radio One today, on the new program "Q" discussing (what else am I qualified to do?) TV.
You can read about the show and see the schedule for your area (Canada) here. On the same page there's also a click through where you can listen to the show online, if you're outside Canada and so inclined. I don't know if they archive it, so you'd probably have to listen to the stream at the appropriate time for the local area.
Canada has five time zones.
Five.
Man.
8 comments:
I thought it was 6.
Just heard part of the discussion re "male/female" shows. I am a female. I lost interest in Grays Anatomy a very very long time ago. I have loved Heroes from the start and got my 35 yr old son and 27 yr old daughter totally immersed in it. I never miss 24! I don't know if you talked about Desperate Housewives. I love it but I am the only one i know who loves it. I think because i have been a devoted watcher since the start.
My hubby and I rent all the eps of The Sopranos and before that all the eps of Six Feet Under and also Slings and Arrows, an amazing Canadian series. We BOTH hate ALL real TV or whatever that crap is called. Lost lost me awhile ago but i tried hard to stay with it.
I think the young lady also on Q was very incorrect in many of her statements; I don't think she really knows who is watching what and she tends to categorize too easily..sorry, can't remember her blog.
Anyway, had to rush over before I forgot your blog name, and give an opinion. Time to return to my strength training, Bye.
that last person was me, not Olga, tho' funnily, my mom's name is Olga : )
ok...I am also not MIKE..that is my hubby...
Could a sequel to the Berenstain Bears 'Too Much TV' be in the works? 'Too Much McGrath' perhaps?
(kidding - nice job)
corey, 6 only if you count Newfoundland and ... well, you know. ;-)
Good job DMc. I kinda wish Jian G had started by defining the premise a bit - what makes something girl tv vs boy tv. Was it me, or was the woman's point that she's a girl, she doesn't like Heroes, therefore it's a boy's show? I have a feeling that if you looked at its demographics, Heroes is very popular with the ladies. That's the only explanation for Milo whatshisname.
No i think he's right, now that I think about it -- but only when we go to DST because some parts of the country don't.
Probably because, you know, DST is ruled from Toronto or something.
When we're on Standard Time, I think it's five.
Well *I* was kidding, silly. Doing the "Newfoundland doesn't count" thing for the sake of a lame joke, even though I kinda think Newfoundland is cool.
It is 6. Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic, and Newfoundland. The parts that don't "celebrate" daylight savings time are in pockets here and there, not entire timezones.
Post a Comment