Stealing the format of Dave Moses' reviews:
Robson Arms Ep 1 Review:
Yes.
Awright, I can't do that. In the 2nd season preem, you get a nice sideways ref to what happened to two of last year's main characters, but you also get Leslie Nielsen. And lo and behold, you actually get humorous treatment of a guy in a wheelchair. Including a choreographed, hockey-style fight!
Aside from the fact that I want to giggle like a girl every time I see Terry David Mulligan act (I can't help it, I worked with him in my Citytv days, and it's just kind of a personal character flaw on my part...go TDM!!!) this premiere was sassy and winning. The story turned in every act, based on who looked good and who looked bad... it wasn't the slightest bit politically correct, Leslie Nielsen got to show both his comic and his dramatic side -- and best of all, Awesome use of music. Canadian shows never pay for sync rights, but boy were they employed well in this show. Must have cost the bomb.
Why is CTV burying this show again?
9 comments:
i agree it was a good episode. but how exactly is ctv burying it?
Well, if you read this blog at all, I think that answer becomes self evident.
Since you won't point out the obvious, dmc, I will:
1) the show is airing in a time slot when very few people are watching television.
2) relatively speaking, there has been very little promotion of it.
Unless you noticed the bus ads, huge web sites, and enormous publicity campaigns that I didn't catch..
(or maye they were like, really really tiny little bus ads?)
Thanks synge, I'm just feeling a little ornery today. I thought the evidence was pretty self evident, and it's sick enough that I spend my free time tooting off on this blog - I don't want to have to field every obvious question, too, when a little reading could provide the answer.
But I appreciate you stepping up.
I was in a crappy mood last night and even though Alan specifically asked me if i wanted to tape it (because Hockey was on) I said, "can't be bothered". How silly that I denied myself a good experience because I was in a bad mood. I'm glad it wa a good episode I shall not miss the next one.
teresa, not to worry -- you can watch the episodes on CTV broadband, providing you're not on a Mac (dammit, even with Firefox I can't access anything on their broadband site). There's also a bunch of goodies on the robson arms website (robsonarms.com) like deleted scenes, bloopers, webisodes, etc., as well as all the episodes from the first season. And Comedy will be airing the second season sometime very soon.
"...providing you're not on a Mac..."?
*eyes narrow, as the author glares in CTV's general direction*
I never even thought of getting it online. I am such a luddite sometimes. Thanks underwire
to use the cliche: long-time reader, first-time poster... i thought you might be talking about the time slot, i just didn't want to make assumptions.
it's hard for me to notice a lack of advertising, since i work there and see the promos one hundred times a day.
if you haven't seen the numbers yet, it pulled in just over 300-thousand viewers, and last year's premier got almost 700. that's only 100-thousand more than jeff ltd., which i didn't even think would be back for a second season. and not even a third of what corner gas saw last monday.
Post a Comment