Monday, December 25, 2006

Hit It One More Time, Then Quit




Please, Please, Please, Please, Please Remember him Always for What He Did Best.
The Godfather of Soul.
Goodbye, JB.

By the way, I think this officially now makes Ryan Seacrest the hardest working man in show business.

I know. I know. Don't get me started.

4 comments:

wcdixon said...

Okay a few days late with this, but a question...if you had to recommend one JB cd, would it be 'Star Time' (which is actually 4 I guess), or 'Live At The Apollo' (let's say vols 1 and 2)?

DMc said...

No question -- if you could only choose one and you had to explain what the fuss is about, it would have to be Live at the Apollo, the 1963 version.

It's available as a Deluxe Edition. Well worth the money.

Volume 2 is also available as a Deluxe Ed. It's from 1967... and you can really hear how the sound changed.

But the one that changed EVERYTHING was that first, transcendant disc.

By the way, as my friend Rob put it:

Strom Thurmond: 100

Augusto Pinochet: 91

James Brown: 73

I just don't get God sometimes...

wcdixon said...

Yup...no argument here

Riddley Walker said...

I just have to say that if, upon hearing the phrase "Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing", you don't have an immediate desire to dance or at least tap furiously away in rhythm, then you should be inhumanely killed.

;-)