It's definitely spotty, that's for sure. But I like it. And if it's the weakest of the four comedies, it's still stronger than most of the hammock shows NBC had on in their comedy Thursday heydey.
I mean, it's way better than Veronica's Closet or Suddenly Susan. Don't even get me started on The Single Guy.
What I find interesting is how much, as a performer, Tina Fey is the good writer. She just keeps shovelling Alec Baldwin all the good lines.
Strikes me that she would do the same thing on Weekend Update -- she'd give the big laugh getters to Jimmy Fallon or Amy Poehler.
8 comments:
Interesting......in my head it sounded like Tina Fey was saying "I'm back with Callaghan."
Scrubs still rocks. Too bad I had to tell the TiVo to stop recording the ones in syndication.
office and scrubs were great last night. i still find 30 uneven. I really want to like it though.
hey did you hear about bill brioux?
Yeah, that's strange. A strange layoff. I often didn't agree with Brioux's agenda reviewing -- esp toward CBC stuff..but I enjoyed his writing.
I agree with Mark on 30 Rock. I know you're all crushing on Tina, but it is still patchy. I haven't warmed to it, yet.
It's definitely spotty, that's for sure. But I like it. And if it's the weakest of the four comedies, it's still stronger than most of the hammock shows NBC had on in their comedy Thursday heydey.
I mean, it's way better than Veronica's Closet or Suddenly Susan. Don't even get me started on The Single Guy.
What I find interesting is how much, as a performer, Tina Fey is the good writer. She just keeps shovelling Alec Baldwin all the good lines.
Strikes me that she would do the same thing on Weekend Update -- she'd give the big laugh getters to Jimmy Fallon or Amy Poehler.
It just makes me love her more. Swoon.
Yeah, Alec and the black guy get all the best lines and attitudes. They work against Tina's great, also. Beeper King, too.
The awkwardness comes a lot from her own character. Is Tina, herself, really something of a shy person and it bleeds into how she writes for herself?
Post a Comment