Sunday, July 16, 2006

"You Don't Mind if We Kill You, Do You?"

Well. 5:23 p.m. Sunday. It's almost as hot outside as it is inside my Macbook Pro.

That's not a good sign.

But for the moment, at least, I am two-scripts-in-a-week finito. Let the wheels start turning.

Lot of sleep needed plus tonight I get to see my one and only going to the Fringe show of 2006. The Catering Queen, at the Tarragon. Any Torontonians, I'll be the tall, broad one with the slack jawed yokel look.

Today's NYTimes has a great profile of Mr. Law-and-Order Dick Wolf. Every article I read, he sounds like a real prick. But the kind of prick I really, really appreciate.

3 comments:

Kelly J. Crawford said...

Great article. Thanks for sharing. I actually know Dick, personally. And, yes, he is a prick. Very egotistical, over-confident and controlling, in the same vein as The Donald. But I will also add that he is the kind of man you like to have on your side.

During that whole 'dances with psychos' problem I had on the Internet a few years back, Dick told me he had some friends in low places who would "take care of them" for me. All I had to do was say the word. I thanked him -- but turned down his kind offer.

Later on, when I was having trouble nailing down the educational/professional background details for a New York assistant D.A. character on my soon-to-be new show, Dick basically wrote up the bio for me, and thus Sheraine McDonald was born from one of the greatest showbiz minds of our time.

So, yes, he's a prick -- but a really nice prick.

Crystal said...

Well, of all the gin joints in all the world... I just missed you at the Tarragon yesterday. I tried to see Welcome to Eden: Population 2 but it was full.

Feh.

Brandon Laraby said...

Man, I used to be such a Law & Order addict. Sam Waterston was always badass on that show. BAD. ASS.

Pity that I've pretty much lost my love for procedurals tho'.

Hrmmm... Does House qualify as a Procedural?