The template is simple: two girls, best friends, who probably shouldn't be friends, because they're destined to bring the worst out in each other. Their competitiveness means poison for the relationship...I've seen articles written about toxic female friendships. I've seen them in action among some female friends. But I've never seen a TV show about it, with the exception of AbFab. It's a rich, comic area...Rabbittown weaves through logical, rich, consistent character development...every scene in the half hour promises more... If this sucker doesn't get at least six episodes, then there's no hope.Well, Alex, let's go for item (b.) I've just heard through an impeccable source that CBC passed.
CBC President Robert Rabinovich has bloviated that he wants to be "audacious."
ZZZZZt. Failed right out of the gate. What a load of hooey. Plus ca change, plus ca meme CBC.
3 comments:
Maybe they should take it down South. Treat the pilot as a sample reel. Do a remake, before some US net steals it anyway.
So if this year they want to be audacious, and it takes them three years to decide on something, what happens next year when he says he wants to be "recalcitrant"?
Why not fire the people who do not create kick ass programming, and hire people who do? That would be audacious.
Wow that's too bad. I happened to watch it again last night. Really funny. What impressed me most, aside from its bold badassity, was its sheer audacity.
Post a Comment