![]() |
| Have You Heard the News? There's Good Rockin' Tonight! |
That's Chad Kroeger, the lead singer of arguably the most hated band in the world, Nickelback, with the Prime Minister of Canada Stephen "Don't call me Steve" Harper, at the door of the Prime Ministerial residence, 24 Sussex Drive.
I don't quite know where to begin with all the things that are wrong, so very, very, very wrong with this picture. The one armed half-hug. The pink shirt. (For those not in the Canadian know, the PM is the type of guy who buys his blue shirts & leaves the hanger in when he wears them.) During the last campaign, they put him in a warm and fuzzy sweater in front of a fireplace, and kittens everywhere started to explode. This guy's about as warm and fuzzy as a glass of orange juice poured onto a canker.
Every time Stephen Harper smiles, I get the sensation that somebody's walking over my grave. This is separate and apart from his politics. I just find the man exceedingly unsettling.
I think I might have dreamed about this picture last night. I don't really remember the details, but it couldn't have been for too long because I didn't wet the bed.
Then, of course, it occurred to me that I have friends who are professional comedy writers. Perhaps it would be better, perhaps I could banish the terrible implication of this photo if someone came up with a funny caption.
Have at it below.

1 comment:
If they could have gotten Ben Mulroney in there as well, we would have hit the trifecta.
Post a Comment