Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Death & The Shuckton

SO EP3 of THE KIDS IN THE HALL'S "Death Comes to Town" airs tonight on CBC at 9pm.


I found the first episode funny, but last week's left me a little flat. Seems like the ratings also flattened considerably, which have -- in that oh so Canadian way -- inspired a weird level of glee in certain quarters.  (As opposed to Glee which inspires a certain level of Canadian to play quarters. (Seriously, two points for Sue, & while you're at it, take a drink every time the fashion-forward gay kid changes outfits.))

Well, CBC was nice enough to send me a screener of tonight's episode, and I'm happy to report that there's plenty of weird, great laughs -- including a funny autopsy, a fine use for a garbage disposal, and what's rapidly becoming my new TV favorite -- RAMPOP!

Again, this show is very much in the vein of the Little Britain/League of Gentlemen  (and can someone out there remind me of the other British one where two people play all the characters in the town?)

If you like the Kids in the Hall kind of anarchy, it's well worth your while.

And if not, well, Glee is now available on DVD.

3 comments:

Ian said...

That mitchell and Webb Look

DMc said...

No that's not it. That's more sketchy. (I mean I guess Little Britain is sketchy too, but there's sort of a continuity to it all). The Armstrong & Miller show and the original KITH, Smack the Pony, etc...are sketch as well.

This is really more like Death Comes to Town, where there's a sustained narrative through the piece. I guess Summer Heights High would be another example. League of Gentlemen is really the best example. I wish I could remember the other one!

Pete Darby said...

Stella Street?

Was it a 90's show, noughties?