Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wrapping it up

Well, stick a fork in'er, I'm done.

I really want to thank Denis for loaning myself, and a whole bunch of us newbie writers, his podium this week.

Denis, I hope you find yourself coming back into the fray a touch more tanned, rested and relaxed than when you left.

CRTC-wise... well, in true TV-like fashion, it turns out that it all boils down to a whole lot more 'hurry up and wait' for us on the sidelines.

December 14th's going to be the next get together in Gatineau -- where everyone gets the chance to finalize their statements and clarify 'what they actually meant' when they were there last time.

But as far as things go on my end, I think that these past weeks were worth it on the whole.

All ear-bleeding and soul-crushing banality aside, I think what I've learned from these hearings is that this is a fight worth fighting.

Truth be told, in the end, I found myself somewhat inspired by the hearings.

This week we had the Chairman of the CRTC say – openly, at several different presentations -- that the 1999 decision was a "mistake".

A “mistake”.

Now there are a million different cynical ways to look at that I'm sure “no shit, Sherlock” is probably high on the list -- but I think I'd rather stop and recognize the fact that one single word just vindicated countless people across the board; People who stood there, at those 1999 hearings and fought passionately -- calling, almost shot for shot, what would happen if that ruling went through.

So, yeah, I'd like to think it's a good thing.

Progress.

From our CRTC...

Wouldn't that be cool?

Thanks everyone for a great week!

Cheers,
Brandon

1 comment:

wp said...

Thanks for keeping the flame going. Nice job, Brandon.
Your last post should be a conspiracy theory connecting Tiger Woods and his mysterious crash to Denis being in Orlando at the same time. Hmmmm.