WELL, I'M MAKING STEADY if not particularly speedy progress on that outline I was fighting last week. Maybe it is too much to ask for creativity when you're hacking up lung matter.
I'd hoped I would get some thoughts up on my final episode of The Border, airing tonight at 9pm on CBC. Now it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I should stay on my pace. In the meantime, before you enjoy the briskly-helmed ep by double-threat Director Brett Sullivan,(he's also one of our editors and a...no, I'm not going to type that. Sigh. Fine. Fine, Okay... a kind and patient lover...Yuck. Sadly, ladies, he's hitched) maybe you could check out a few things I wrote about the making of the ep, while we were making it a few weeks ago. Oh, and I guess you could also read this review of the ep in the Ottawa Citizen.
Here's another look at Rick Mercer's visit to the set.
...and my thoughts on that day's work.
Then there was the bizarro silent cocktail party that took place in the entryway while the crew continued to film on set. And here's a piece from when I was still suffering through the outline for Shifting Waters -- where my writing was called -- much to my delight, "like Cormac McCarthy, but bad."
Heh heh. That still cracks me up.
If you tune in tonight, and really, why wouldn't you? -- Do take special note of McGowan-as-Kessler's work in the last scene (with the exquisite Daisy Beaumont, who I hope they bring back next season. Even if I'm not going to be writing for her, I'm still a big fan of hers.)
There's a story about that last scene in the ep that I'll hopefully tell y'all tomorrow.
And let's spark a discussion right now on a very, very important topic: Is Guest Star Patrick McKenna's goatee hot or not?
Now, back to my outline.
Oh, yeah, I lied about the bacon. But you read to the end. Bacon just does that to a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment