Sunday, September 21, 2008

Truth and Bling

WELL, TOMMY SMOTHERS is officially my hero. Again. And Tina Fey. What do you say? I mean, really? Man.

Shame about The Wire diss, but you know, you knew that was gonna happen.

I have a script that's behind and a WGC Council Meeting tomorrow, so there's not much more I can say. But let's throw open the thread below. What did you think of the Emmy Awards?

6 comments:

Disgraced Media Baron said...

Shame about The Wire, and Galactica disses.

? said...

It's not a shame. It's a ridiculous oversight and a damn disgrace. It proves the Emmy's are just a hollow sham. What is the point of a peer review award show if they won't acknowledge the best of the best, instead of just rewarding their LA friends.

You can really tell The Wire and Battlestar Galactica are produced outside of LA. They're too damn good to win those fake awards.

Duke of Spook said...

There was some justice at the end - you can't argue with Mad Men and 30 Rock.

The five reality hosts thing was a huge mistake. It took fifteen minutes to give Probst that award toward the end and the bit wasn't funny at all.

Anonymous said...

But really, if the system came through and rewarded The Wire, wouldn't that contradict the show's premise? :)

Disgraced Media Baron said...

Ah yes. And shame about The Shield as well.

Boothe said...

From what I've been reading, I'm glad I didn't watch it.

I'm glad Mad Men won for best drama, and though I'm a big fan of The Wire, I'm not surprised that it wasn't nominated this season.