Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Linkslutting John August: Puzzle Farter

TWENTY-TWO PAGES OF Outline today. Sweet Jesus.

Is it any wonder that this great post by John August makes me laugh like a drain? Puzzle Farter, indeed.

1 comment:

deborah Nathan said...

I can now fondly recall writing 50 pages in one night for a series on which I was the only staff person. And it was my first staff gig. I'm not saying they were good pages, but the show had to start shooting the next day so 50 pages were required since the exec had decided to throw the other script away. The production meeting was held without a script. We all agreed on the parameters: how much in the existing sets, how much on location and what those locations would be and who and what would be needed for the first two days of shooting. I rather enjoyed it, the vast puzzle of it all. I'm not sure anyone else was particularly happy but no one totally freaked out. So, we all do what we must to get the show on the air. And it's survival of the fittest. Or perhaps the craziest.