Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Me and My Perfect Radio Face


THERE WERE FOUR eagle-eyed emails, so congratulations to them.

Indeed, I can reveal to one and all how yours truly made a cameo last night on THE BORDER as Dr. Edwin DeSoto, some nefarious nuclear physicist.

Which is all the more thrilling since I barely passed Grade 10 Bio. Mr. Balogh would be so pleased.

This should settle once and for all the debate of which side of the camera I'm destined to be on.

However, this was not my first appearance on the CBC. Oh no. There's that deep dark episode of Hangin In from the 1980's, and I believe I danced in a cage on a CBC sketch show once.

But now I'm a scientist. Wait til I tell Ma.

Mad props to the props people.

Next week's penultimate episode of The Border comes courtesy of the talented (and deeply creepy) mind of Sarah Dodd. It's a doozy.

6 comments:

Cunningham said...

Nefarious indeed.

You have that look that says, "You bastards tortured me up and down in high school, but mark my words: I will have my nuclear-powered revenge!

Yes, indeed..."

Ken said...

When I have an opportunity to stunt-cast, I jump on it. Some of your best work, Denis.

Sandy McMurray said...

You believe you "danced in a cage on a CBC sketch show"?!

I have that video, sir, and I'm prepared to release it unless the cheques keep coming.

Kelly J. Crawford said...

I thought this week's episode was a strong one, both in writing and performances.

KJC (who immediately recognized Denis in that pic)

Lee said...

Your mother will be very proud! (I'm embarrassed I didn't make the connection.)

Sandy, whatever Denis is paying you, I'll double it! Must. See. Video.

BloggerBride said...

I too have a copy of that Vacant Lot video...

I wish I had it when I was in your class. Could've turned that C- into a happy A.