ALREADY FEELING THE ravages of the looks-like-it-won't-end-anytime-soon WGA strike? (By the way, when you read that link, keep in mind that it's kabuki theatre -- all week the word was that the AMPTP would engineer a "walk out" and try to paint the writers as unreasonable. Let's see if the cheap tactic works. But man, they really don't care about you viewers at all, yo.)
If you're in Canada, you've got a couple of choices this weekend. I haven't written about Heartland on this blog yet, but I have it on good authority that this weekend's episode is a good way in if you have yet to see this family drama about a horse ranch in Alberta. Horses, cute girls & guys, Cowboys.Ish. CBC, Sunday, 7pm.
But you should set your VCR or PVR and timeshift, because that's also when Episode 8 of Da Kink in My Hair airs on Global, Sunday, 7:30 p.m.
In the coming days, hopefully I'll have some words on the pilot of hockey and sex soaper MVP (coming in January to CBC) and the Little Mosque Christmas/New Year's Specials (airing this week.)
So there it is. Have a good weekend.
1 comment:
I'm really into Heartland (farm girl horse-lover that I am) and I did a lot of word-of-mouth promotion about the show because I feel strongly that there is a place for a modern-day-set rural drama on TV (in Australia, they acheived wonders with their rural-set drama McLeod's Daughters).
I am a little disapointed that too many storylines are younger-focused as I like it better when there's more of a multigenerational concentration in the storylines but yesterday was probably the best episode to date.
Post a Comment