Monday, October 1, 2007

One More on Intelligence...

BY THE BYE, Haddock's people were also kind enough to send me the screeners of the first two episodes of Season Two. If you lost track of the show last year because it moved too slowly for you -- these two definitively stay with the pace established by the final two episodes of the first season. It's taut, hot, exciting drama -- and one of the most involving crime dramas I've seen, Canadian OR American. If you're a fan of quality TV, Intelligence really is for you. It's got the pulse, and the brain to go with it.

John Doyle, this morning, calls it "a wild ride." Pretty apt description.

5 comments:

Jill Golick said...

I'm so far behind. Can I catch up?

BlaineW. said...

The best show presently on Canadian television.

Anonymous said...

I probably watch more CBC than anyone who isn't on their payroll. I've seen all kinds of promos for their new season, but I've never seen "Intelligence" mentioned even once. I assumed they were holding it back until January or after the playoffs. If it wasn't for Doyle, I would never have known it was on tonight.

The CBC brass desperately wants to bury this show so they can then point at the ratings and use them as an excuse to cancel it. They're not even being subtle about it.

wcdixon said...

I have to side with the other 'bitchers'...if it wasn't for you or Diane, I wouldn't have known 'Intelligence' 2 begins tonight (or the Torchwood debut for that matter). But it's all the same old Canadian mumblemutter about promotion, or lack thereof. I had no idea 'Whistler' 2 aired on Saturday night either...until I flipped past it by accident. And we all saw how Global buried The Best Years in the spring/summer.

But I did have lunch with the kids at Burger King recently...and couldn't miss that 'Heroes' Season 2 was premiering 'Only on Global' as the promo was plastered on every cup and wrapper. Um...it's not 'only' on Global...it's on NBC - Global just gets to simulcast and ad substitute and 'say' it's their show...but you all already know that.

Dwight Williams said...

Doyle calling "A Man Escapes" a "wild ride" is like calling Sir John A. a "noted politician in his day". Still, he liked it. With just cause, too.