Monday, August 20, 2007

Blood Ties Tonight!

THE WAIT is over for long-suffering Canadian fans. If you receive via your cable box thingy either the Toronto or Winnipeg feeds for Citytv, you get your chance to see the two hour premiere of Blood Ties tonight at 8 pm.

Calgary and Vancouver, you're up later this week.

Vinay Menon in the Toronto Star has an ouch-y but quite hilarious review -- just click the "Toronto Star" link back there a few words, like.

Enjoy.

11 comments:

Alex Epstein said...

Okay, so you are one of the writers on this show, and you JUST NOW FOUND OUT that it's PREMIERING TONIGHT?

Is it just me, or is that just a CRAZY way for the network to not-promote the show that they funded???

Lee said...

Ouch. Same time slot as Dr. Who. What's a gal to do?

The_Lex said...

Isn't that just typical of Canadian TV, Alex? =b

Unknown said...

Lesson Number One: There is, apparently, no Lesson Number One. *snerk*

Okay, that's a keeper in the Deliciously Snarky Review stakes. Though I'm laughing hardest at the concept of Vicki learning that "run" thing. Ever.

And actually, it's exactly the sort of review that tends to make me want to watch a show I'd never heard of. (Ignoring for the moment that, yes, I'm weird.)

DMc said...

Hey hey hey Alex -- easy there cheesy -- I'm the first guy to go off on a delicious rant, but...

..it isn't the first I've heard about it.

I wrote about it when the date was set back in June. I wrote another entry when Citytv put up their site, and I even wrote a piece last week about SPACE's airdates.

There was a possibility when the US net hit them with a simulcast change that they might change the date..but they didn't. (Maybe they'll move it in a few weeks. If they do, I'm sure I'll hear about it and pass it along.)

Sure, there's no way that you can compare the City promo to the massive billboards and things Lifetime bought for the US premiere, but you can't say they didn't let me (and I didn't let the public) know as soon as I knew.

Down, Sultan! Dooon!

Unknown said...

*facepalm* Okay, so there is a Lesson No. 1. (A silly one, since one guy doesn't exactly qualify for that in my book, but whatever.)

:: wanders off in search of more caffeine ::

Diane Kristine Wild said...

I know he's kind of ragging on your show, but Vinay Menon is my hero. And that's the kind of ouch-y review that won't turn off potential fans anyway. Did you see the more fanboy-y interview with Kyle Schmidt?

The only place I ever saw that Citytv was going to change the premiere dates was in your blog and then later, in Playback ... I think you started that rumour, writer boy :)

DMc said...

No. no. Actually Playback raised the date change thing first. Geez, gettin me in trouble no good reason. first Alex, now you -- what is this, Monday of the damned?

Vinay often writes very readable, very funny, not so bad tongue in cheek pans. I link to it cause I think it's a great example of a kind of arts writing you don't see very often anymore. If you're interested in this show, then it's not gonna turn you off, and if you're not, it's still an entertaining read. A bit more of that kind of sass in writing about TV and we'd all be better off.

Dave said...

break a leg mister.

Polly said...

It's programmed into the trusty PVR! Looking forward to it!

Lee said...

Wow!

Can't wait to see where the series leads us!