"Was Banff worth the trip?"
"What's missing here is actual writers and actual craft, not the usual suspects talking to the usual suspects. You've got so many people asking 'What's the web strategy?' 'What's this? What's that?'... We all get together at these industry confabs and everyone's talking regional bonuses and educational elements. Fuck that. I want to watch Trailer Park Boys. It's all about the water cooler."You know, it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a Denis McGrath Random Quote Generator.
Denis McGrath, Writer, Blood Ties; blogger, Dead Things on Sticks
My money's on my friend Colin Viebrock.
6 comments:
So, um, where was the writer mafia at those sessions like the town hall, where all the suits who obviously don't value Canadian content were talking about how much they value and need Canadian content in this brave new world where American shows aren't going to earn them money?
We were wandering aimlessly in the corridors still dazed by the Sopranos finale.
They know where to find us...if they really want us.
The iron wit stings, even to a non-Canadian non-executive.
Just in case Mr. Viebrock is busy, I've put up the code for you to play with. I only populated it with four quotes to start.
My favourite?
"Fanfic makes the Baby Jesus cry."
They know where to find us...if they really want us.
In the pub?
Hey, that CBC rumour is back again, this time at The Teamakers.
"Allan said...
So how come no thank you note from George and Kristine?
Shortsighted sophists, I say."
I thought Banff was the same as always.
Post a Comment