If you go to the handy dandy Itunes Store, Podcasts section, and look up the Podcast for CBC Radio's Q, and download the June 13 edition, you'll be able to hear the pop I did from the Banff TV Festival. Good Times. Good Times.
Also, one of the best events in the summer in Toronto is the Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival. It's the place where Tony-winning The Drowsy Chaperone started. Toronto's best theatre artists, and sometimes the young-up-and-comers-you-haven't- heard-about-but-soon-will get a theatre and slots to do whatever they want. It's mad and chaotic, and usually a lot of fun. I've had a number of plays in the Fest in the past, including Top Gun! The Musical, which I wrote with Scott White and which blew up rather ridiculously in popularity.Well, earlier this year a friend of mine approached me with an interesting project. He's a fight choreographer, and he was putting together a number of dramatizations of famous duels.
So a number of writers have contributed short scenes in this vein. All this fun and swordplay too.
The result, DUEL OF AGES, opens at the Fringe next week!
All perfs are at the Factory Theatre, Adelaide and Bathurst Street.
Thurs. July 5, 6:30 pm, Sat. July 7, 11:00 pm, Mon. July 9, 1:00 pm, Wed. July 11, 7:30 pm, Fri. July 13, 9:15 pm, Sat. July 14, 12:30 pm, Sun. July 15, 3:30 pm.
The poster is below. If you're in Toronto over the Fringe, check it out.
3 comments:
Arg! If I'd known the Fringe was the same weekend as Polaris, I might very well have blown off that high school reunion in Colorado after all. (Which makes it probably just as well I didn't know.) ~whimper~
This looks wicked cool, in multiple senses of the phrase. Hope it's a resounding success!
That does really sound cool, although it looks like I won't be able to make it this year due to life just not cooperating. What's even worse is that I won't even be able to catch Geek-Gasm that was written by a friend of a close friend, as I've been looking forward to it since I heard of it as it sounds like a riot.
You and Moyle are working together?!? Oh God it's like some sort of horrible nightmare where my blogging universe and my Rennie universe collide, causing the space/time continuum to unravel and bringing about the end of all existence!
If we aren't all immolated, I'll try to make it down to the show.
Post a Comment