Friday, May 18, 2007

Whaddya Gonna Do?


UM. I just realized something.

Thanks to the Memorial Day Holiday in the USA, the absolute, last-ever episode of the Sopranos ever, ever ever... is not going to be June 3.

It's going to be June 10th.

On June 10th I'm not going to be in front of my widescreen HD TV. On June 10th, I'm going to be with a lot of other people ... at the Banff TV Festival.

Um.

No.

No. No. No. No. No.

This is not good. It's the TV FESTIVAL. I am, to quote the man, "prostate with grief." How am I supposed to avoid spoilers with a thousand people who work in TELEVISION?

Pssst. Hey there, TMN and Movie Central. How you doin'? That's a very nice dress you're wearing. It really brings out your exclusive output deal with HBO. Listen, do you mind if I lean in and whisper a few sweet nothings in your year?

Cough. Screening Party. Cough.


7 comments:

Callaghan said...

Damn.

Steve Pratt said...

Bit torrent will ease your woes, Denis! Bit torrent! (not that I would ever illegally download creative works...)

DMc said...

Steve -- that! is! illegal!

I am shocked -- Shocked! -- I tell you.

(and that doesn't help me watch it live.)

Yukari said...

Hmm..the interweb is strange...

I googled "half asian girl haircuts" and got linked to your post about Grey's Anatomy from about two years ago ("Asian" I get, "girl" maybe, "half" I can even hang with, but "haircuts?" How did "haircuts" take me to you?). I read your Grey's post and thoroughly enjoyed it, so now I'm here, on your front page, to see what you're up to now.

What say you about Sopranos? Italian/working class/gay stereotypes, etc. etc.--nothing? Or is that in an older post?

Callaghan said...

Easier to avoid spoilers for a few hours until it gets posted on a torrent site than to wait the whole conference out and watch at home.

Gotta install uTorrent on my laptop.

Sandy McMurray said...

Oh Denis. Torrents are so April 2007. Try Joox.net

duncanralston said...

gay stereotypes, yukari? i guess you haven't been watching season 6...