Wednesday, April 4, 2007

CBC Announces Its New Schedule


FULL DETAILS at Inside the CBC.

Supposedly though Intelligence isn't mentioned, it's still in the mix.

The New Drama/Comedy offerings:

  • Drawn from today’s headlines, The Border is a fast-paced, hard-driving series set in Toronto in a paranoid post-Sept. 11 world concerned with security crises, terrorist infiltrations, cross-border police actions and trafficking in everything from enriched uranium to abducted children
  • Heartland is a multi-generational family series set in the foothills of Alberta. The series follows the excitement, humour and drama of the Fleming family as members struggle to run a horse ranch — one that teeters on the edge of failure — that has been in the family for years
  • Sophie follows the adventures and misadventures of a young, vibrant single mother who inherits a talent agency from her father and then loses her best client–followed soon after by her boyfriend
  • No Opportunity Wasted will offer Canadians the chance to seize a life-changing opportunity. Based on the N.O.W. philosophy of Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan, NOW will encourage all of us to live each day as if we’ll never have another chance like it
That last one sounds like a reality show, but I dunno.

Canceled shows include: Rumours (reruns will be strip syndicated 5 nights a week this summer, but no new episodes will be produced,) Venture, 72 Hours, and Jozi H)

I would just like to say for the record that I miss Northern Town. I thought that had potential.

They also picked up The Tudors. Sakes alive, when is someone in Canada gonna start running The Riches?

6 comments:

Cunningham said...

Actually to the CBC's credit they came in early on THE TUDORS. They were part of the credit block we had to place on all of the marketing material we developed for Peace Arch.

PAE's international rights were then sold to Sony who is taking it out from there.

Diane said...

Yeah I was going to ask ... the Globe and Mail called it an Irish-Canadian coproduction, so I checked and the Showtime people say that too, so that must count as Canadian content? Like, say, for the purposes of someone wondering if they should eventually add it to a website about Canadian TV?

DMc said...

Thanks to you both. Yes, Diane, it does technically count I guess as CanCon.

Callaghan said...

What happened to J-Pod? I heard it was in the bag....

DMc said...

Interesting. I'm not sure. They must have left it off because they see it as a 2008 show.
It's definitely going -- I know people about to start working on it in Vancouver.

Frank "Dolly" Dillon said...

Finally! A Canadian reaction to 9-11, I can only hope and pray for a "little mosque on the prairie" crossover ep.