A writing blog from Canada - 2005 to 2010, archived for whatever you may get out of it.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Some of My Favorite Words All in a Row
These things are starting to become a YouTube cliche. But damn if I didn't really enjoy this one. For those of you with those things they call "jobs," in the lingo of the day, this is sototally Not Safe for F***ing Work.
If there's one thing YouTube has proven, it's that there are a lot of really terrific amateur editors out there.
Well, for all I know, some of the people involved in these things may be professional or semi-professional film and video editors. But one way or another, they do good work.
If I wanted to get pretentious I'd predict that the lessons of the YouTube comedy videos -- things like the fake trailers, or the Kramer "lost episode" -- may eventually seep into mainstream moviemaking as examples of how to re-cut and re-arrange footage.
unrelated; I was hanging out with a civilian friend a couple years ago and there was a buddy of his with us and we started talking about movies.
He said he had just walked out after 15 minutes of the most boring movie he had ever seen.
it was Glengarry Glen Ross.
I knew so much about this person I had just met after that admission.
It actually reminds me Denis of your reaction to the guy who complained about foley in Rent a Goalie (your reaction still cracks me up really? Foley? really; I'm still laughing)
the kicker, or minor kicker, was that this guy who walked out after 15 minutes was a salesman, on commission.
7 comments:
If there's one thing YouTube has proven, it's that there are a lot of really terrific amateur editors out there.
Well, for all I know, some of the people involved in these things may be professional or semi-professional film and video editors. But one way or another, they do good work.
If I wanted to get pretentious I'd predict that the lessons of the YouTube comedy videos -- things like the fake trailers, or the Kramer "lost episode" -- may eventually seep into mainstream moviemaking as examples of how to re-cut and re-arrange footage.
couple great finds, that and the caruso, thanks
mark
Beautif**kingful!
I shoulda known: I loved "10 Things I Hate About Commandments".
Give'em a motherf**king Oscar.
Now, there's some real talent fucking hard at work.
KJC
I don't know if anyone will ever top 'Shining', but that was a fucking good try.
You Can't Always Get What You Want - perfect.
Despite what your parents and teachers will have told you, swearing can be both inventive and funny.
I love the delivery in that film; no-one quite enunciates "c*nt" like Al Pacino.
unrelated;
I was hanging out with a civilian friend a couple years ago and there was a buddy of his with us and we started talking about movies.
He said he had just walked out after 15 minutes of the most boring movie he had ever seen.
it was Glengarry Glen Ross.
I knew so much about this person I had just met after that admission.
It actually reminds me Denis of your reaction to the guy who complained about foley in Rent a Goalie (your reaction still cracks me up really? Foley? really; I'm still laughing)
the kicker, or minor kicker, was that this guy who walked out after 15 minutes was a salesman, on commission.
okay, not so much a kiker.
Post a Comment