Thursday, February 1, 2007

CTV & The Benefit of The Doubt

So...

Robson Arms & Jeff Ltd.

2nd seasons.

Both premiering next week...on Saturday.

Deadest night of the week. Opposite Hockey Night In Canada.

I just don't know anymore. Two views:

  1. What, are you kidding me? CTV shows that it just doesn't give a rat's ass about Cancon at all. It's totally depressing.
  2. This is great news! Saturday nights are dead zones for U.S. nets, which means they don't run new stuff, which means CTV won't pre-empt for simulcasts, which means people might actually get a chance to know that these shows are on in a constant timeslot, without being bumped around the schedule.
Like I said...I just don't know anymore.

7 comments:

Dave said...

I honestly don't know, Denis.

If "the night" is followed up with a smart marketing campaign I might not feel as cynical as I do right now. They could have a lot of fun with it and the whole HNIC thing. But we're barely more than a week away and I've seen a couple promos but nothing on our CTRC approved cancon: E-Talk or Entertainment Tonight Canada, or... anything.

But I've decided: if that's the night, then that's the night and I'm just gonna make sure that everybody I know knows about it and let the BBM's fall where they may.

wcdixon said...

I feel your pain Mr. Moses, really I do...but have to ask - is that your pic? I dunno why, but every time I look at it I see Dave Matthews - like one of his cd covers or something...seriously!

underwire said...

It could have been summer, so at least we have the weather working in our favour. I've emailed everyone I know to let them know watching will increase their libido. I also tried to hook them with name-dropping: Leslie Nielsen, my awesome late dog Lecky, etc. Next, I'll be on the corner of Main & Broadway wearing a sandwich board declaring the end is nigh, save for those who watch. ETCanada is a Global show. They gave us great press for Falcon Beach, go figure. It'd be sweet if E-Talk stepped up to the mat.

Dave said...

amen underwire, (who can attest that the photo is definitely from MY cd, Story Breaking Blues), it could have been A LOT worse.

so she'll take the west coast, i'll take the east. and dix, could you do us a solid and pick up the middle?

wcdixon said...

Done.

Kelly J. Crawford said...

I think the placement of these two very funny comedies on Saturday night is a good thing. There's just nothing else of interest on at that time and I very much look forward to spending the evening with Jeff, Yuri and the gang.

But I will say I am disappointed by the lack of promotion. Not even a quick sound bite from ET Canada or e-Talk Daily. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Canadian Idol is coming..E! talk needs the full half hour to promote
all the Canadian talent.

both shows will end up with 4 seasons. then it'll go to showcase in the mornings or afternoons to repeat forever.