Friday, November 24, 2006

Dog River Meets The Windy City

I'm so cold I can't believe it. Canada -- the real Canada, not Toronto -- is trying.

Very little could pull me out of a weekend away except for good news. And as news goes, this is pretty great.

Corner Gas is going to U.S. Tv, via the WGN Superstation.

The two-year, 88-episode deal with the Chicago-based network will make the series available in nearly 70 million U.S. homes beginning in 2007.

CP article is here.

Canada's best show is finally getting the exposure it deserves. Nice.

4 comments:

ME said...

I think it's fantastic! Now I can stop sending DVDs to all my friends down in the States. I was surprised to see how many other countries are airing the show ... the US is coming late to the party.

Way to go, prairie people!

Barbara said...

Wow good on them!
I think Corner Gas has all the elements to take on a US audience.

I voted religiously for your blog in round one of the Canadian blog awards. That is while I was voting for my own (the stroumboulopouli) and insidethecbc and Rick Mercers and Matt Goods oh and radio three...

I am sorry to see I can't vote for you in round two..
sorry man! I tried.

Matt Neffer, Boy Spotwelder said...

Hey man,

This is great news. I'm happy, to say the least.

Systemaddict said...

It's great to hear- a lot of really good people work on that show, and they work hard. Nice to see them get a little lime light too-