Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Well, what do you know? W.C. Dixon points out that somehow in the midst of all my dudgeon, I missed my blogaversary. So there.

What's funny about this is that I still have the brokedy-ass couch...though I'm supposedly getting a new one delivered in a week.

Good times. Good times.

Feel free to surf the archives and find a post you like. I think I made fun of Anderson Cooper a couple of times.

Now I have to go. Daddy needs a beer before bed. Also, I have a wicked hangnail.

My first post:
08-14-05

What Am I Doing?

A writer's day is procrastination. I live alone, I work alone. There are three things I'm supposed to be working on right now. Four or five, if you count the friends' "can you take a look at this-es?"

I don't know how long I'm going to do this for. I don't know why I'm doing this. Like all writers, I'm a little narcissistic, but not quite as narcissistic as any actor you're likely to meet.

What I crave is to be in Production. I'm a great Production writer. I write fast, I have energy, I'd like to think I'm good in the room.

Sitting on my brokedy-ass couch working on development stuff is like a long slow root canal performed by that dentist Steve Martin played in Little Shop of Horrors. Without the singing.

So, procrastination. Wait, there it is. The guilt bell.

Thank you, Catholicism. Guilt calls. Gotta go.

In lieu of gifts, you can always send me an Itunes Music Store (Canada) credit.

Oh, relax. I'm kidding.

I'm serious.

No. Kidding.

Oh Bartender...

2 comments:

Diane Kristine Wild said...

Happy blogoversary! And a year later, you're a production writer AND getting a new couch. I would have gotten you something, but since your dreams have been fulfilled, a paltry iTunes certificate would have seemed insulting, you know?

DecoderRing said...

Besides, aren't you supposed to show your bosoms to collect fabulous gifts? Not that we haven't all seen them (if you haven't; They're real. And they're Fantastic.)