I think they've found the right balance for revealing some information, and by doing so creating more mystery.
How long can they keep this up? Awhile I hope... need to find out what's up with the four-toed statue foot.
My wife thinks that they're making his up as they go, and one clue is the killing-off of two characters because the actresses were becoming more of a liability due to impared driving charges.
I find it hard to believe though... that would mean a pretty tight production schedule.
Lost seems like a show that is far better to take in all at once. DVD style.
Anytime I see an episode, the miss one...I'm lost completely (no pun intended). I tried to catch a glimpse of the finale...but since I missed the two previous eps...I wasn't too quick on the uptake...
In response to Robert, I heard one of the creators say that Roderiguez only signed on for one year at the beginning of her contract, so they knew that they were going to have to end that character's trajectory this season. Might be bullshit, but can you see her in the daily grind of TV for years on end? And Libby got picked up on a pilot, I think I read.
It was better than last year's, most certainly. Wrapped up some storylines and continued to develop others (Kate just NOW realized that both Jack and Sawyer are into her? Can anyone be that dense?). I feel like the Locke bit has gotten off track, but that's me. And the Sayid story was completely left hanging. But I did like the return of Desmond. And the broadening of the landscape by going to the ex-girlfriend at the end.
A friend of mine quit watching LOST in January because he felt that the writing had taken a drastic downturn - in the first season, the characters didn't ask the obvious questions or make the obvious decision because they were all being driven (via the flashbacks) by ulterior motivations that had them keeping mum and acting illogically. My friend feels like writing blows this season because the characters aren't asking the obvious questions or doing the obvious things and there doesn't seem to be any motivation for that anymore, which makes a. the characters look like morons, and b. the writers look like morons. I think he has a valid point, and I hope they work on it.
4 comments:
I think they've found the right balance for revealing some information, and by doing so creating more mystery.
How long can they keep this up? Awhile I hope... need to find out what's up with the four-toed statue foot.
My wife thinks that they're making his up as they go, and one clue is the killing-off of two characters because the actresses were becoming more of a liability due to impared driving charges.
I find it hard to believe though... that would mean a pretty tight production schedule.
Lost seems like a show that is far better to take in all at once. DVD style.
Anytime I see an episode, the miss one...I'm lost completely (no pun intended). I tried to catch a glimpse of the finale...but since I missed the two previous eps...I wasn't too quick on the uptake...
I'll wait for the disks...
I still don't get it....am I supposed to be lost... I am never going to watch this show on drugs...
In response to Robert, I heard one of the creators say that Roderiguez only signed on for one year at the beginning of her contract, so they knew that they were going to have to end that character's trajectory this season. Might be bullshit, but can you see her in the daily grind of TV for years on end? And Libby got picked up on a pilot, I think I read.
It was better than last year's, most certainly. Wrapped up some storylines and continued to develop others (Kate just NOW realized that both Jack and Sawyer are into her? Can anyone be that dense?). I feel like the Locke bit has gotten off track, but that's me. And the Sayid story was completely left hanging. But I did like the return of Desmond. And the broadening of the landscape by going to the ex-girlfriend at the end.
A friend of mine quit watching LOST in January because he felt that the writing had taken a drastic downturn - in the first season, the characters didn't ask the obvious questions or make the obvious decision because they were all being driven (via the flashbacks) by ulterior motivations that had them keeping mum and acting illogically. My friend feels like writing blows this season because the characters aren't asking the obvious questions or doing the obvious things and there doesn't seem to be any motivation for that anymore, which makes a. the characters look like morons, and b. the writers look like morons. I think he has a valid point, and I hope they work on it.
Post a Comment