Thursday, March 16, 2006

You Yankees down there....

For Pity's sake, when are you going to take care of this?

The Robots at the American Family Association are organized, and ready, and making phone calls the moment anyone says something other than "Oh My Heck!"

What good is it having freedom of speech if you can't say anything that wouldn't offend a Sunday school teacher.

There are less of them than there are you!

Grow. Some. Balls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Writer Boy,

I would love to hear more about the deadly ninjas

:-)

Hawise said...

I can hear the parents of America now- why didn't you warn me that this could happen? and the answer will again be- because you wouldn't listen.

It is a nation of the wilfully deaf leading the wilfully blind at the moment. Maybe the Democrats could win if they used the slogan- Vote for us and we might actually pay attention to what is going on out there.

DMc said...

Alas, Dev, I am that most lonely and quixotic of creatures.

I am an American who lives abroad.

I've been a dual citizen for about 12 years, but I was born in New York City.

My entire family, who I love dearly, is American.

My parents, and one sister are back living in the USA now.

After Sept 11, I seriously considered moving back myself.

I have the picture of what it's like, but I also get the fuller picture -- the one you don't get-- the one that's not (mis)shapen by your craven, cowardly, and anything-but-liberal media spin. I also get to tune out the steady, dripping, silly anti-americanism that sometimes permeates the news outside the US. That's not what I'm talking about. That's simply not germane to the subject at hand.

Once upon a time Americans had balls that counted, in the right places.

The country today is not the country that rebuilt Europe under the Marshall Plan. It's not the country that came up with the Monroe Doctrine. It's not the country that learned from the failure of the League of Nations and pushed for the UN.

It's the country that Remembered the Maine when there was nothing to remember. It's the country where dirty and dark and misty things happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. It's the country that secretly carpet bombed Cambodia.

It's a dark place, controlled by zealots and bullies.

And it's long past time for Americans who believe in the words of their founding fathers to stand up and say, with outrage, enough.

Orlando C. Harn said...

What can we do about it?