A writing blog from Canada - 2005 to 2010, archived for whatever you may get out of it.
Monday, November 21, 2005
No Way in Hell
...are you going to get me to say a word about the Gemini Awards. (Canada's Emmyhahahhheee heh hhhee heee hhee ho ha...damnit. Really thought I'd get through that without laughing.)
Canada is just too small a country, and things are political. Suffice to say that some of what Mary Walsh said, I agree with wholeheartedly. And some of the comments and coverage made me queasy and uneasy.
But you know, with the two degrees of separation in the Canadian TV biz, I just feel like I can't say more.
And then there's the rule I learned from my momma - the one about if you can't say anything nice...
3 comments:
Sounds familiar.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logie_Award
It doesn't look like any of those places deliver. Can I just have a drink or two for you and have you spill your thoughts?
I actually did write something.
Then I looked at the draft and deleted it.
Canada is just too small a country, and things are political. Suffice to say that some of what Mary Walsh said, I agree with wholeheartedly. And some of the comments and coverage made me queasy and uneasy.
But you know, with the two degrees of separation in the Canadian TV biz, I just feel like I can't say more.
And then there's the rule I learned from my momma - the one about if you can't say anything nice...
Post a Comment