Friday, June 2, 2006

The Song About The Song That Once Said Something New

There's something I don't want to write. I'm having trouble getting started. It happens. I can't do the usual, and procrastinate for six hours before writing furiously for three. Which means I can't fall prey to justupdatetheblogitis. I mean, sure, there's a cream for that, but they haven't finished the monkey testing yet.

So in lieu of a well-thought out, argued, or considered posts, here are a bunch of random thoughts:

  1. I got passed a tape from VH1 of two episodes of Love Monkey unaired-by-CBS. They were so well-written, the dialogue so fresh, the New York setting so authentic, the music and media cameos so well deployed that it makes my heart sad that no one watched the goddamn show. All of the idiots trolling myspace, feh. I wish genital itching upon you.
  2. Cows taste good. That's Right. I said it. They are tasty, tasty animals.
  3. Last night, a Canadian Television network had their big sales launch -- kind of like the Canadian upfronts. I wasn't invited. I'm betting other people who created shows on the network weren't either. I bet they tried really hard to get one of America's Next Top Models, though. A few years ago, I heard that a different network actually had the stars of one of their long running Canadian shows onstage when they announced that they had just bought an American show with exactly the same concept. That's how the Canadian actor found out. Onstage. This is how the television business works in Canada.
  4. If young people are the viewers you want, and young people are the ones most likely to download, and your entire business model is based on buying U.S. shows that are now produced mostly by the production arms of the U.S. Networks, then once the advertising model goes, the U.S. networks will have to make money somewhere else. But if you haven't really ever put a lot into developing your own hit shows, how will you make your money then? Just wondering.
  5. I wasn't kidding about the cows. Delicious.
  6. Isn't it depressing that Teletoon keeps running the same 13 episodes of Undergrads, produced five years ago, and the ratings stay more or less the same, yet they can't raise the money to make any more?
  7. Does anyone under the age of 30 ever read a book anymore?
  8. If I had a dream last night about vengeful cows coming after me, and felt better when I woke up only because I realized I live on the ninth floor and they'd never be able to work the elevator buttons, well, does that make me insane? Or just pathetic?
  9. Hot Pockets.
  10. Do you think anyone ever asked M. Night, about The Sixth Sense, "Does Bruce Willis Have To Be Dead?"

6 comments:

Cunningham said...

Welcome to "Fuck me is it friday already?"

There's no cream for the blogitis thingie, but there is a pill that's supposed to go through your bloodstream and attack it at its source - not just on the surface. And itmakes your nails look healthy too.

Cows and cow products ARE good. Nothing like beef and cheese. Charbroiled and melted respectively.

I'm finding that change to the current system of media we have in our respective countries has to come from the outside. Somebody has to do something that makes money and gets the buzz to shake Hollywood out of its practices. Where the money is going to come from to fund such a venture is the magic question. Stay tuned.

Mmmmm, charbroiled beef and cheese...

When in doubt, get another cup of coffee...

wcdixon said...

If uttered, "Does Bruce Willis have to be Dead?" would rank up there with "A Martian wouldn't say That"

Crystal said...

People under 30 read! I have so many books in my apartment that I can't afford a couch; guests have to sit on stacks of books.

Cows are great because they give us cheese. Mmm...

Anonymous said...

I read a lot but that may not count since I am 29 years old.

Anonymous said...

I'm 22 and I read books all the time. I LOVE reading books.

Cunningham said...

"I'm 22 and I read books all the time. I LOVE reading books."

Coloring books don't count.

(Sorry, I'm just full of the snark today)