Hey there. Are you going to the Banff TV Festival?
I'm not. Not this year. Too much doing, and I left it too late and it just seemed too expensive, and a little irresponsible when I already (ulp) have six TV scripts to shepherd this summer.
But I'm looking for guest bloggers. Anyone who attends a particularly great Master Class, or chews on some great gossip on the deck at the Banff Springs, or dishes dirt at that Irish Pub at 2 am -- I'd love to know. I'll give you full credit if you want it, and none if you don't. I'm not looking for the stuff that will get reported in the papers -- I'm looking for the inside skinny.
heywriterboy@hotmail.com will place your missives into the messy beating heart of Dead Things Labs. (TM)
(For those who don't know, The Banff TV festival happens every year, in a ridiculously beautiful setting in Alberta a bunch of people get together and chatter about TV. Not a lot of writers, but lots of program execs and bottom fee...no no no....we're all on the same team...)
Last time I went, in 2001, it was on a Fellowship, so I had nothing at risk and got to see the fun as I threw my voice on the Patio and said, "convergence" and "synergy" and watched everyone scatter and clamor.
Free tip #1: if you're in a Master Class, come up with a great question before you go in. Seriously. I sat through some seriously lame questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment