John Doyle in Today's Globe and Mail drops the unhappy news that he's gone off the TV beat til August. First he'll be covering the World Cup (note to Americans, the World Cup is kind of like the World Series, except it's soccer and the world actually cares,) then he's off on vacation. The nerve.
He leaves with one recommendation: The Jane Show, a new Global sitcom starring Teresa Pavlinek. They showed a pilot for this one last year and it was pretty dire. It's since been retooled, and Doyle says it's good. I'll be watching. I'd link to his article, but it's behind the Globe firewall. And other articles on the show are hard to find. I'd post the time, but that's hard to find too. Check your online listings.
And they ask why Canadians don't watche their own shows. Sigh.
5 comments:
I Googled "the Jane Show" and "Global" and here's the first hit... http://www.channelcanada.com/Article1374.html:
"Debuting Thursday, June 1st at 9:30pm ET"
It's remedial Google for you, me boy.
Okay Commodore Smartypants.
In the fifteen seconds I had, my google took me to the Global Site. Where the info on the show was hard to find, and didn't include the time.
Then I checked out the Canada.com site, owned by the same company, who you think would promo the shit out of the show, and there was nothing easy to find.
Then I punted, figuring some annoying reader would help me.
And so you did.
But ask yourself this: are we really going to get audiences for shows by expecting the audience to google to find out when they're on?
Is there anyone in North America that didn't know that 24 was Monday at nine?
Googling. The audience.
Yeah. That's a great strateregy.
"Hooooooot Pooooooocket"
My source for info on new Canadian series comes through again ... but watch me forget by tonight.
I've heard rumblings about Jane over the past few weeks and, although I hate comedies, I'll give it a chance.
KJC (who doesn't like watching shows about women who are even more pathetic than she is)
Post a Comment