HEY HIVE MIND, I've just spent a few frustrating minutes trying to get some details about when a few episodes I wrote might be airing. But the schedule information for Canada, like most TV P.R. information in this country, is sorely lacking. And I've reached my attention expiration date for the activity.So here's the deal. Two series, both shown in Canada on Teletoon.
The first is called CARL SQUARED. I really like the animation and the goofiness of this show, and enjoyed writing for it. Good premise: slacker teen has clone who does all his dirty work. I wrote two episodes, "Night of The Living Clones" and "Lights, Camera, Carl." I can't be sure, but I'm reasonably sure that the images I've got here are from these episodes.
The second show is called SKYLAND. I wrote three eps -- "King For a Day," (which I've seen,) "The Book of Worlds" and "Infiltration."
According to Wikipedia ( three of the most frightening words in 21st century English,) both the latter eps of Skyland have already aired. The eps of Carl Squared are listed on the website, but there's no episode breakdown to show when they'll be on.If you see them listed, if you flip across one of them, do me a favor and drop me an email.
If you can help me out, great. If you want to speculate on the strange circumstance that not even the writer can access easy info about when things he's written go to air, well, speculate away.
Kisses.
EDIT 05/04: A very dedicated member of the audience relations department at TELETOON, name of Julie, wrote to tell me that the two Skyland eps in question won't be re-airing for a while. However, she also had this to say:
I have much better news for you regarding Carl Squared! You can catch “Lights, Camera, Carl” on May 17 at 12pm and 5pm (et/pt). As for “Night of the Living Clones”, this episode is scheduled to air this Sunday, May 6 at 5pm (et/pt).
Well, Geez. Thanks Julie! And Thank You, Interwebs!
3 comments:
It is a matter for the WGC, no?
it's best not to try and understand the mind of the programming director...
Oh wow. Geoffrey. I would love to see the face of anybody at the WGC if you told them they were now supposed to let people know when their stuff was on, too!
The WGC does not have a lot of people working for them. Never in a million years would I call it their responsibility.
It's something that the networks should do. Just throw up a detailed site, or get the listings out on time. That's where the bottleneck lies.
Post a Comment