Monday, February 27, 2006

Ricky hearts Steve

Oh DEAR.
Canadians, in particular, are going to hate this.

My favorite quote:

"I think American TV is the best in the world. I knew 'The Office' wouldn't be ruined by these people," he says. "But I know American shows would be ruined by English people. We're not as good as you. ... American TV for me, as Randy Jackson would say, is da bomb."

I liked the American Office as soon as it came out. I thought it was well cast, and well executed, and really just needed time to emerge from the shadow of Gervais' personality. That was not a popular view in Canada.

They were wrong. Yet, strangely, not a lot of retractions.

Of course, there never are.

1 comment:

Dave said...

yeah, i was one of those guys who was never going to give this show the time of day. And the first couple of eps. seemed to confirm my feelings. Funny thing though... as soon as they got past many of story lines from the original, it started working for me. Steve is great... but i think Greg Daniels deserves a lot of credit.