WELL, IT'S the final day of the 2007 Banff Television Festival. It's been a great fest so far -- a chance to meet some of the new blood (even if I did feel, morally, that I had to tell them to strongly consider moving to the USA if they're just starting out and have nothing to lose.) Last night there was also an enjoyable dinner courtesy of Al Magee of Magee TV -- who is everywhere, all the time.
On that score, it bears repeating that Chris Szarka (Producer of Rent-A-Goalie) is the tallest man in Canadian showbusiness. And for once, for once, I managed to outdisturb "Evil" Dennis Heaton (Fido) with a simple three word phrase:
"Quack for Daddy."
Today I'll be taking in Mike Clattenburg's convo with John Doyle -- I'm hoping they really give'r to the whole Canadian TV thing - and maybe a bunch of pitches. I have a couple of meetings, and have to steal time to go over notes on my latest script from CBC. Call it Multi-multi-multitasking.
Today's the day that most of the big-wigs pull out. But the writer mafia, my friend, we stay til the end. The bitter, bitter end.
Take the script. Leave the cannoli.
Oh, I'll also be on Q on CBC Radio today (in the latter portion of the show) talking about Banffing and Pitching and Raindrops and Roses and Whiskers on Kittens.
It's the air, man. It's the air.
More later today.
3 comments:
Quack.
I'm an assistant. I have no shame.
al magee is my hero
Dildo wielding clowns, eh?
Post a Comment