Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Two New Sitcoms

Knights of Prosperity finally drops on ABC tonight at 9pm, followed by In Case of Emergency

I don't know if I'll see either, but if you do, have at it in the comments below.

I will admit to a slight man-crush on Donal Logue. Be excellent and be gone.

6 comments:

ME said...

I've seen In Case of Emergency already and liked it. It has a similar vibe to The Class but overall I think the characters are more engaging and the cast is much stronger as an ensemble. Plus it feeds into that "what ever happened to so and so in high school" morbid curiosity we all have in a way that The Class didn't because, frankly, how invested can you be in grade three? And it goes without saying that pretty much any show with Greg Germann is getting my eyeballs.

Will PVR Knights of Prosperity. I just can't help but wonder if the premise isn't going to get tired. I dunno. I have a crush on Donal Logue, too, and want it to be good, but I fear it won't be. Maybe that's just my inner cynic, and I did vow to be a more positive girl in double oh seven.

TV Minion said...

I love Donal Logue, but I loved the old name of the sitcom more. :(

Anonymous said...

I saw the Knights of Prosperity pilot and loved it, but I agree with Alan Sepinwall's assessment that Mick Jagger more or less stole the show--"Sixty-two degrees, that's the right temperature for a good hat!"

The_Lex said...

Is tonight the pilot or was that last week?

The_Lex said...

Knights of Prosperity is certainly unique. Whether it will keep my attention for longer than a few episodes, I don't know.

But yeah, Donal Logue, good stuff. Love him since Tao of Steve.

Sofia Vergara also makes my inner adolescent howl at the moon.

Ashley said...

Speaking of new tv shows, I'd basically sworn off Fox Network until I heard about ‘The Winner.’ First, it features a guy named Glen Abbott, who's played by Rob Corddry from "the Daily Show" which really ought to be all I need to say. Second, he's an awkward, late-blooming (read: middleaged) gentleman who is finally growing up-it makes me feel better about myself right now. God, I'm glad I'm a woman-at least my future has cats...lots of cats.

www.fox.com/winner/