Quake before me, oh you who dare to talk about health care and recessions and other less important matters...
Anyway, she asked the question that I knew was coming, along the lines of "Do you know if it's going to be on in Canada?" (or the U.S. for that matter, I guess.) Sadly, I found myself feeling like poor Diane, in the face of the great suck that is Canadian Television P.R. I have no idea. In Canada, you see, if there's not massive U.S. promo behind a show, you don't know it's there. Sad.(And let's remember kids, in the time before the Interwebs, it would sometimes be YEARS before you found out about a show like this. ALL HAIL the Interwebs.)
I did some research the other day trying to find if anyone had bought it for broadcast here, and came up empty. It's ITV, so that means the usual fast route to sales from the BBC sales arm funneling it to Showcase or BBC Canada isn't in play.
But then it occurred to me that, checking my hit counters, oh yes there are many of you from within Citytv, Alliance/Canwest, CBC, TMN/Astral, Corus, etc. that read this blog. Somebody must know something.
So how's about it, program buyers? Any of you snapped up this great show?And if you haven't, um....well...now that you're yawning, getting out of bed, going to the Google and finally looking into it, I'll take my commission in the form of a Season One No Heroics DVD box set, please.
Any help, stick it in the comments below.
And before anybody gets all smartassed, yes, I remember The Tick. Great comic. Okay cartoon. Very flawed Live Action Execution. (Except for Patrick Warburton and Liz Vassey, who were awesome.)
No Heroics is way funnier.
1 comment:
hey just read at aint it cool that abc is going to shoot a pilot of this.
Post a Comment