In that spirit, we got an awesome post in the Stella thread below that just needs to be promoted. Astute readers will point out that by doing this, I may be encouraging further bad behavior, to which I can only respond: you bet your sweet bippy.
So let's go to the post. I must confess, however, in the interests of disclosure, all emphasis and manipulations of the words are entirely mine. (They do make it better, though, if I do say so myself.)
(Can anyone tell that I'm vamping here til I finish my own post today? Well, I am.)
Now, I present to you the critical stylings of Ross:
Hey Kids:
Um, read anything good lately? This show's (Stella)excerpts (shorts, whatever) are nothing but infantile and easy. Why is third year university the pinnacle of comedy standards? Do any of you have further life experiences that bespeak of an opportunity to fuck with satire and parody? Hey, here's a primer, morons who think they can hang with Colbert,-- "Freidrich Durrenmatt: Selected Writings" among a myriad of others. And don't come back at me with your predictable (inadvertent) psychoanalytic crap about me waxing highbrow on your hirsute asses; yet another defence to keep your level of comedic acumen safe. Offer me a thoughtful response that legitimizes the need for this 'easy' collegiate (get it? it's on collegehumor[sic].com-- no that's not your whiteass appropriation of black culture's appellation "sick", Mr. and Mrs. Suburbanite)-- your easy collegiate characteristic, to allow you in here, that it's funny cause I've had six beers and I still get the subtext. It's just infantile and I mean that with Aristotle getting my back here, folks. You are what you write and you will improve if you honour the real funny...(this would be your cue to mark that my opinion is just that, an opinion; what I don't like is fine, just turn the dial ("press the key", "click the remote"-- just in case you comedic adjectival technophiles posing as the cultural elite would like to mark my critique as antiquated because I belie any attempt at sounding hip or 'now') but, folks, it's about decline...in the end and your the (supposed) cultural markers with your own works and tastes. Go get an education and get back to us with something that loves the risk of comedy's (uh-oh, here comes smarty-pants) existential threat.
Now if I'm not mistaken you blog visitors will now, necessarily (and defensively), become curious about what this "comment-bitch" deems humourous. Not needed for you all to get reflective. Don't kill the messengers, children.
Respeck.
Gosh. Is my ass really that hirsute?
9 comments:
Maybe he just finished reading this New York Times Article.
Maybe nothing's funny... and not just in the Seinfeldian sense.
Wow. I'm too whacked out from a trip to the dentist to respond. And, I'll be the lady I was raised to be and not comment on your posterior in any fashion.
This is my new favourite thing.
Wow. You know, as a pet owner I've sometimes found myself looking them in the eye as they're balanced precariously in some undignified corner of the public park and thought, "yeah, I'm bagging their crap now, but that animal is going to take over the world someday"...and here's the proof that it's possible. Wow.
Right you are Tallulah.
For those of you who haven't read the other thread, near as we can figure, this is Ross. He asked us to go IMDB him and we did. And lo. We were impressed.
His efforts are quite impressive, considering he must be getting up there now. Good Dog, Ross. Good Dog.
for a second there, i thought this article might be about me...
Poor guy. He sounds very lonely.
Crap! And I thought I was pretentious and liked using big words. I hope this Ross guy keeps coming back.
He talks like P.T. Bridgeport in the Pogo cartoons.
Post a Comment