Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Hope Ted is Spinning

DEAR ROGERS,

You suck.

You completely, totally, utterly suck.

It was bad enough last summer, when it took about nineteen phone calls and two visits just to get my parents' big screen HD TV set up.

But here I sit in St. John's NL. I bought your super sports pack. All I want to do is watch the Blue Jays Boston game in the BG as I write. But I can't. Because after a stupid corporate fight, you've made your stupid, childish corporate deal to get TSN2 on the air --everywhere BUT in Newfoundland. And the Super Sports Pack blocks out the game, because TSN2 has the rights. Even though they're not actually showing it.

So I can't watch it. Even with the box, even with the package. Even though you OWN THE GODDAMN TEAM.

You know, when Canadians complain about Toronto, and not being included, and people having their heads up their asses, this is the kind of thing they're talking about. Just, FYI. You have terrible, legendarily terrible customer service. Every customer interaction with you is a nightmare. Last night, technical support cut me off four times. Customer service had no answers. They never do.

Oh, and while we're at it, you completely fucked up CityTV when you bought it too. So congratulations. Enjoy your money, enjoy your subscribers and tax breaks and regional monopolies.

But know this: you completely, totally fucking suck. I hope your wires corrode and your executives all quit and go to greener pastures. I hope your every future business venture collapses and burns. I hope that somewhere, one of your top managers suffers torment for every hour I have spent on the phone with you in the last 25 years, trying to straighten some stupid thing out because your evil, stupid, boneheaded corporation sucks so very hard.

My parents, when they go to Florida, get their cable through a company called Bright House Networks. They always answer the phone. They fix things right. They don't send out subcontractors who don't know what they're doing. They don't transfer you and cut you off. They don't sell you high speed bullshit and then throttle your connection. The mobile section doesn't not know what the tv section is doing. It doesn't take four phone calls to get your bill consolidated. Your Mom who's been paying the cable bill since 1977 doesn't get told she's not authorized on the account, and "you should get your husband to phone in and change that." Your HUSBAND. In 2008.

No, it takes a special kind of fucked-up, Enron-level degree of fucktardery to so completely, utterly, and totally frustrate and alienate your customer base.

Fuck you, Rogers. You suck Donkey Balls.



Hey there Bell Canada, what the @$%* do you think you're smirking at?

10 comments:

Wil Z said...

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. McGrath! And you... will... ATONE!

kdubb said...

Um... Race to Fed Ex the chief some real scotch is now on. I knew Blue Label wouldn't cut it, I said nothing, and here we are. Some day I will stop self-censoring. No one wins.

FYI no play-off hockey all week on CBC or Radio-Canada in Mntl. MONTREAL HAS NO HOCKEY. Because I boycott cable here. You wanna talk fury? I made my cat type this because I broke my own fingers flippin' 'em as hard as as as I could while streaking naked thru not moving traffic on the 40 (drivers stalled stunned due to lack of hockey)... Oh no. Don't get me started. Just... don't.

wcdixon said...

I dunno why you always mince your words here, Denis...how do you 'really' feel...?

Mark Cook said...

Good lord, they seriously can't get the channel onto the preview channels (1 & 501) in Newfoundland like they've done in Ontario? That's asinine. How hard could it possibly be for them to do the same thing?

Anonymous said...

delurking to say:

You should check out this site -

www.ihaterogers.ca

It's apparently written by a Rogers customer "service" agent. The best part of this site is the "scoop" section which point-by-point tells you how to get a free cell phone from them.

wcdixon said...

crabbykate should click the links in the post...lol

Yer not missing anything D...Jays getting murdered.

gdott said...

Wow Dennis! I agree. And the same to you SHAW!

Anonymous said...

oops - missed that link. So right, you already know the awesomeness.

I need some sleep.

Unknown said...

I saw this great cartoon once - New Yorker, maybe? - of a poised little girl in a skirt sitting responsibly at her typewriter, with a caption like, "Mabel set aside a little time every day for writing irate letters."

Love the irate letter.

Peter Saunders said...

Yeah, I'm startin' to think I'm done with subscription-based TV, both digital cable and satellite..

The content's great, but the delivery system leaves a lot to be desired.