So. That happened. :)
I'll need to collect myself a bit before posting more than this.
EDIT: I'll post my thoughts on the Awards when I get a chance, but right now I'm fighting deadlines and a truly toxic cold. That's the thing about being a working screenwriter. Downtime is for lightweights. No rest for the sniffly.
One thing I will mention, though -- It was expressed by several people last night at the Awards that maybe I was too harsh on Gayle MacDonald's Globe article. Some suggested that maybe I missed the point, that the amazing thing of profiling these great female screenwriters was enough, and should be lauded because nobody ever does that.
I'm somewhat swayed by that. Good on MacDonald for taking a stand FOR something Canadian and not shovelling the same American-packaged newsbits. Insofar as I was overly critical, I'm sorry. I don't want to obscure how much everyone last night was really excited by the prospect of a front page, weekend arts section article profiling screenwriters.
There it is. I get to be wrong sometimes. Probably why I was a shitty journalist!
Back later.
11 comments:
Congratulations on the win!
Congrat...
wait for it...
...ulations.
Woooo-HOOO!!! :: tosses confetti ::
(Hey, somebody had to bring the fangirl squee. I'll try to keep it out of dog-whistle range...)
cool.
Congratulations Hemingway... guess we signed up with the right horse.
And McGrath slaps it in for the win.
Congratulations.
Also, you downed that tequila like a champ. :P
Congrats man!
congratulations.
So awesome, I even got to shake your hand last night! Wait, how toxic did you say that cold was? Psych. Congrats!
Awesome and so well deserved!!
(And this from someone who feels that your best writing is yet to come!)
Get well soon.
i picked up a bug that night... my throat is killing me... or maybe it was from having to yell over the volume.
congrats!
Post a Comment