WONDERING IF I could get a little help here. I'm looking for an idea of the number of Made-In-Canada adult drama/comedy series that are shooting here this summer. (That means the creative made here, for a Can audience, so for instance, the new Flash Gordon wouldn't count because it's the Smallville guys making it for SciFi)
By my count, shooting right now or soon is:
VANCOUVER, B.C.
Intelligence (CBC)
Robson Arms (CTV)
J-Pod (CBC)
Stargate: Atlantis (? TMN, right?)
REGINA, SK
Corner Gas (CTV)
ALBERTA
Heartland (Do they have a new title yet?) (CBC)
TORONTO, ON
The Border (CBC)
The Murdoch Mysteries (Fmr. CHUM -- City? Bravo?)
Little Mosque on the Prairie (CBC)
Re:Genesis (Global/TMN)
CTV Drama Pillots (Critical Incident + 2 others)
OUT OF COUNTRY
Zos (Eastern Europe; TMN)
Am I missing anything? Are there currently any series shooting in Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland? I'm looking for series primarily aimed at an adult audience, not kids or tweens. And it's got to be live action. And it has to go to camera by Summer's end. Thanks.
12 comments:
I'm not sure when it goes to camera, but what about Air/Sea, the one-hour drama shooting in the Vancouver area about search & rescue workers? I would think it'd be going to camera this season.
I'm fairly certain that SciFi still bank-rolls Stargate Atlantis, it's just run first on TMN. Still Canadian-made though, just like it's older deader brother SG-1.
Yes. which is why I put it on the list.
Is Air/Sea the new name of Search & Rescue? And is that indeed shooting soon?
Poking my head in for a quick check in (great post on 'note giving')...Little Mosque is lensing in Regina actually.
Sophie (the English remake of French hit Sophie Paquin), showrunner Howard Busgang, for CBC, starting late Summer I think.
Dad's in the Attic, showrunner/creator James Nadler, for YTV, possibly late this Summer/early Fall.
But if you really wanna know this stuff, ask your agents, it's their job to track these things.
Alex, I'm asking for blog reasons, not professional reasons. I've got my agent working on other stuff right now. And a YTV show isn't aimed at adults.
I want to see what the awareness is out there by blog readers.
Dix, you're right. Mosque is a Regina/Toronto split.
Hold the frickin' phone: They're filming real things in REGINA?????
Okay, I'm better now.
I remember reading somewhere that at least some of "Criminal Minds" was being filmed in Canada but don't remember seeing any details and it might have been b*s for all I know. But I thought I'd mention it just to be either (a) helpful or (b) annoying, depending on how you want to take it.
There's also Playback's list.
Air/Sea in pre.
Playback's list is ridiculously out of date because they rely on the prodco to list themselves ... if they don't bother, it isn't listed. You can check online with each of the regional regulators (ie: OMDC in Ontario), who keep a list of everything shooting in the province .. I think they track permits.
And YTV is trying to skew older, so you would be surprised at what demo they are in fact trying to attract ... Alex may be right.
Is Rabbit Falls shooting this summer in Saskatoon? For APTN
This may end up as a repost but "Dad's" will be shooting early 2008 and is intended for a family audience (parents and kids).
Post a Comment