CUT TO:
The creative director's toddler son, sitting amid the pumpkins....crying.
I was there. I got pumpkin all over me. But even knowing how it was made, seeing it cut together, I still watched and thought I was a heel. And that made it all the funnier.
I'm probably the last person in the blogosphere to post this, but I don't care. Will Ferrell mines the same joke, but way better. And for the comedy scholars out there, let's review an important comedy rule:
- Making jokes about kids being drunk = always funny
- Actual drunk kids = never funny
EDIT: I took the video off because it was doing that weird thing of loading and playing whenever anyone came to the page. I don't know why. You can still find it at 150, 387 other places on the net, I'm sure.
8 comments:
i'm sorry. am i the only one who didn't find this funny? perhaps sitting through the woefully overrated "stranger than fiction" the other night has made my opinion biased.
but then again, i just finished watching the "more cowbell" sketch before this and laughed my ass off.
p.s. i loved those much promos of yours...
Thanks.
See? The wonder of humor. I don't know how anyone couldn't find "The Landlord" funny. And while "Stranger than Fiction" wasn't LOL for most of it, and certainly not representative of the Ferrell oeuvre, I loved the ideas and expressions at the centre of it. It was one of the most enjoyable films I've seen in a long time.
Haven't seen Stranger Than Fiction yet, but even before I heard anyone say anything about it, I didn't expect it to be ha ha funny. I expected it to be in the vein of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or possibly, maybe, even I [heart] Huckabees.
Both "Landlord" and "More Cowbell" are fing hilarious, though.
don't get me wrong, denis, i thought "fiction" was enjoyable and interesting. i just didn't think they delved into the concept of the story as much as they could have. they really just skimmed the surface and played it for false emotions in the end. whereas kaufman doing a simlar concept like "malkovich" or "eternal" mined the hell out of it.
i don't think it was a bad movie, at all. i just expected more.
...as for "the landlord," it may have been the subtitles, which reminded me of a cheap device they use on that soap opera "passions".
mmm. okay.
See, i think obviously, the reason "The Landlord" is funny is because the little girl asks for "four beers" which is funny because, of course, four beers would likely kill her because she's just so small.
Or am I reading that wrong?
one man's treasure...
Thank you for editing. I heard-
"The doctor called."
"What'd he say?"
"My dad's gay."
"I knew it."
-too many times before I was able to turn it off.
Post a Comment