Thursday, December 1, 2005

Seriously, Dude, Seriously.

I know, I know, I know -- there's no big plan for "the numbers."

I don't care.

LOST still rocks. Hard.

5 comments:

Grubber said...

I have been reading around the traps that there is no grand plan for the numbers...what if this whole story, about there being no story about the numbers is a furphy designed to generate even more interest.

Would I put it past a television network to do that? Not at all.

See I do spend too long commuting each day.
cheers
Dave.

Anonymous said...

Lost does, indeed, rock hard. Last night's epsidoe was outstanding.

Unknown said...

Big plan or no, the numbers are an amazing bit of what the show is. As I see it, there is a side of the show that is spiritual (Locke thinks it's all fate and destiny) and a part that is scientific (Jack and Sayid think this way). The fact that it seems to be both at once, offering evidence of either side, but never invalidating one side in favor of the other: That's one of the magical things about the show.

That is one of the reasons why the absurdity (How could that many people survive that kind of crash? How could it crash without leaving a charred trail? Why the polar bear? Why just about everything on the island?!) can mesh in a symbiotic relationship with the reality of the show.

A lot of people are turned off by the number of people that survived, claiming it's just not possible. I think that's one of the gifts of the show: These people SHOULDN'T have survived the crash, surely there's something greater going on here. It's easy to get bogged down in the mysteries of the island while missing the larger picture that maybe, just maybe, these people are there for a reason.

R. K. Bentley said...

Last night's made up for a lot.

Even if the film wasn't a big tip off.

Dad? was.

No new eps until 1-11-06.

Kelly J. Crawford said...

Last night's episode totally blew my mind. Those last 5 minutes....WOW!! It gave me chills.